[Openstreetmap] osmeditor latest version

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Mon Jan 9 17:04:01 GMT 2006

> From: nick at hogweed.org
>
> New version of osmeditor2 now in subversion.
>
> The main new features in this version:
>
> - nodes can be moved by clicking and dragging on them, a lot easier than the
> old method;
> - if you delete a node, the segments making up that node will be deleted.

This prompted me to fix osmpedit in another way.  Moving nodes you
could already do.  Instead of deleting all segments when deleting a
node I disallowed deleting a node if it is used in a segment.  The
segments has to be deleted first and then the nodes.  I choose that
approach to minimize the damage if you delete a node by mistake.

Deleting a segment by mistake should be easy to fix since it should be
obvious which nodes defined it.  But if you delete a node and this
deletes all segments connected to it it is probably in some cases hard
to remember which segments existed before the deletion.

/Tommy