[Openstreetmap] Questions about osmeditor

Alex Vieira alex_vieira at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:51:10 GMT 2006

Dear all,

maybe this should go in the dev mailing list, but anyway, here it goes:

I have 2 questions regarding the osmeditor (maybe more)

1 - is there a special reason to use the gd library instead of the Qt Canvas?
using only Qt would allow easy porting to Windows and Mac (I remember reading
about a user that can not edit in the mac...) with a simple recompile. This
would apply also to other libraries that might be in use by the osmeditor.

2 - whenever I download the code from svn I end up with a bunch of files that
do not compile. I do the qmake -project, qmake -makefile stuff, and it is a
huge mess...I don´t know much about svn (nothing to be precise) isn´t it
possible to make a directory for osmeditor and one for osmeditor2 and put
only the files relevant in the directories?

3 - (I knew there were more than 2 questions) - is there a special reason for
the "canvas" to be slanted (a mathematical necessity or something like that)
or is it just a "feature"?

Thank you for your time and attention,

greetings,

Alex