[Openstreetmap] contour rings from GPX

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 21:28:55 GMT 2006

On 1/21/06, Christian Nold <christian at softhook.com> wrote:
> Hi a bit off topic but I would love some help!
>
> I have a large number of GPX files that I would like to use for creating filled contour rings of an area.
>
> Ideally I would like to use the files as they are and not have to
> convert them to X,Y,Z and it would be fantastic if I could export the
> contours as vectors.
>
> Could somebody please recommend me some easy to use - open
> source/freeware (windows) programs that could do this?
>
> Any help would be really appreciated!

I could probably cook something up for you - I have all the relevant
code already (GPX reading, contouring, etc) ni Java/Processing.
Processing just added PDF export, which you could then open in
Illustrator or whatever, or I could also do PostScript without too
much trouble.

Send over a sample file and I'll see what I can do.

Tom.