[Openstreetmap] Editor question

Wed Jan 25 10:03:12 GMT 2006

On 25 Jan 2006, at 09:51, Andy Robinson wrote:

> And then there are those who just enjoy drawing maps.

Yes, me included.
http://www.systemeD.net/carto/

> If you want a good map first time you should spend the time and effort
> get it right. By all means use a tool to get you started but better to
> then
> go over the full route in detail to check it properly. I would
> certainly
> discourage the download, import, upload route where the contributor is
> placing data into the OSM database unchecked.

Absolutely. I haven't suggested the latter, and nor would I ever do so.

My aim (and the reason I'll be working on a Flash editor) is to have an
OSM editing experience as easy to use as my usual setup, which is Adobe
Illustrator with a script to take in GPS tracks, including the full
gamut of vector editing tools to correct, reshape and restyle.

Richard