[Openstreetmap] subsecond track data.

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Thu Jan 26 00:51:31 GMT 2006

* @ 25/01/06 06:44:40 PM uucp1 at yahoo.com wrote:

>  The GPX specification explicitly allows the subsecond data sampling,
>  but will the current OSM database implementation get it right ? It
>  may be interesting to log the raw pseudorange and doppler shift data
>  as fast as possible, and then reprocess it to gpx. If you are not
>  using garmin(!), many consumer gps receivers will happily provide you
>  with this information.

Currently subsecond data is thrown away. My USB GPS would give subsecond
data but would give data at most once a second... and therefore the
extra precision seemed useless.

Currently, nothing is done with the time information other than sorting.
It's not used in the display for example. If we needed more precision
then re-importing GPX files can be done magically server-side.