[Openstreetmap] Inner city accuracy

Simon Hewison simon at zymurgy.org
Fri Jan 27 08:39:29 GMT 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 12:35:19AM +0000, Robert Scott wrote:
> I've got very used to looking like a complete idiot cycling past the same
> person on a street three times within ten minutes. I'm afraid it comes with
> the territory.

I actually got asked what I was doing, and I said I was trying to get fit
in an interesting way, and I was doing it by trying to visit every street
in the area on my bike. The person who I asked agreed that was a lot better
idea than just sitting on an exercise bike at the gym watching telly.

As an aside, the whole of UK postcode area N3 has been mapped (I did the last
few streets yesterday lunchtime), there's a few private gated courtyards
that have been missed, but that's about it. This is in Finchley, North
London, and I've found at least 3 copyright trap streets/easter eggs in
doing it, all of them Tele Atlas' doing. I'm now going to do a few of the
surrounding areas.

--
Simon Hewison