[Openstreetmap] OSM 8bit database transparency.

Johnny Doe uucp1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 17:45:52 GMT 2006

--- Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. You should use UTF-8, because that is what will
> be used.

utf8 is not a magic bullet, because it can utilize
exactly
these codes.

> 2. I have no idea what those characters look like

There are no "characters" at these positions, but the
codes can show up in the utf8 datastream.

> 3. At this moment, it accepts what ever you put in
> there.

If i will send a 'name=some0x80name' into the
database,
will i get back the same name? The applet is not
supporting
utf8 right now, so its behaviour is irrelevant.