[OSM-talk] Free the postcode maps

Barnett, Phillip Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk
Tue Jul 4 16:24:57 BST 2006

Looking at the list distributed by FTP, it's obviously a typo - whoever
added it missed the 3 off 53. See it in context here
53.474080 -2.234340 M1 3BB
50.478000 -2.240980 M1 4JY
53.475470 -2.242060 M1 5JW
53.477075 -2.240910 M1 6ED
Free The Postcode is a nice idea, but how is it going to be validated,
short of running every postcode past the Royal Mail database, which
surely breaks the spirit of the idea?