[OSM-talk] Good deal on Garmin GPS unit

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 17:34:56 BST 2006

Ok, this was what I interpreted as meaning that the Sirf  Star II receives
signals from GSM networks:

 "With its rapid time-to-first-fix and high sensitivity, the SiRFstarIII
architecture is designed to meet the rigorous demands of wireless and
handheld LBS applications, and provides superior location performance, both
indoors and out, for 2G, 2.5G, 3G asynchronous networks."

Thats taken from http://www.sirf.com/products-ss3.html

Nick