[OSM-talk] The long tail

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Thu Jul 6 13:56:47 BST 2006

If we want to change the license, the sooner is the better.

 From my point of view, the actual license is good (if we agreed on the
global attribution as already discussed on this list) but can be better.

And (again from my point of view) we already have an "opt-in" thing
(When you create an account on OSM, you agree that everything is going
to be released under CC-BY-SA), but I don't know if the message about
licensing was here from the beginning, and one can argue that it's not
explicit enough about what can be deducted from GPS traces...

The discussion Steve just start will probably ends in a huge amount of
message. I think we should try to continue on the legal-talk ML to keep
the normal talk ML readable.