[OSM-talk] Way creation fails with no tags

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Fri Jul 7 17:56:16 BST 2006

Dean Earley <dean at earlsoft.co.uk> writes:

> > But I think it is strange that nobody else seems to have problems
> > creating ways.  Is nobody creating ways this week?
>
> I've created lots.
> Tried running ethereal or tcpdump to see what is actually being sent?
>
> Request:
> PUT /api/0.3/way/0 HTTP/1.1
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
> <osm version='0.3' generator='JOSM'>
>    <way id='0'>
>      <seg id='545503' />
>      <seg id='545504' />
>      <seg id='545505' />
>      <tag k='name' v='test way' />
>      <tag k='created_by' v='JOSM' />
>    </way>
> </osm>

I have now tested more and it succeeds if I have at least one segment
AND one tag.  The requirement for one tag was not intuitive at all.
If there is a requiremnt for one segment and onte tag or for one
segment could that be documented on the API-page by somebody that
knows about the intention.

--
/Tommy Persson