[OSM-talk] South Downs Way

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sun Jul 9 13:40:54 BST 2006

The laptop I use cost £200, and I went for the expensive model - so people are
saying that it's not much more expensive than getting a better GPS device, if
your current one doesn't have enough memory for long journeys.

The problem with laptops of course, is that the cheaper they are, the heavier
they are, so not much use for walking or cycling.

Which is why I suggested that if someone's logging an epic journey for OSM
then someone else could drive out to meet them every few days for an evening
in the pub and a tracklog download session.  Again, that would be more
practical on the south downs than in remotest scotland, based on how many
people OSM has got in each area.

Maybe we ought to have a communal GPS with SD-card capability, that we lend to
people who are making long journeys for OSM's benefit?

Regards

OJW