[OSM-talk] List of UK Towns and Cities

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sun Jul 9 13:46:13 BST 2006

> > > I am wondering if anyone has extracted a list of UK towns and cities
> > > with Lat and Lon from OSM data?  If so could I get a copy of it.  If
> > > not, I'll set about doing it myself - just wanted to check first.

I extracted a list of "interesting nodes" from planet.osm, containing anything
with a tag other than "created_by" or "highway" (and a few other obviously
uninteresting tags)

http://almien.co.uk/OSM/Data/node_list.txt.gz

There's a link to that on planet.osm wiki page too

Also, we have a little list of towns that gets used for creating the PDF
atlas:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/PDF_atlas/places.txt

(there might be a more recent version of that on SVN, I'm not sure)

Regards

OJW