[OSM-talk] namespaces on the wiki

Dean Earley dean at earlsoft.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 08:06:43 BST 2006

Frédéric Bonifas wrote:
> Could somebody open namespaces for the different languages on the wiki
> so that we can use it to class properly the pages in danish, french,
> german und swedish ?
> Or is it a problem for somebody ?

This will need to be done carefully as you can't just create it over the
top of the existing articles.
You need to call it Fr2: or similar, move the articles into it, delete
the originals then rename the namespace.

This does need a fair amount of patience (I did it with 150 odd articles
:( and access to both a sysop account on the wiki and to the
LocalSettings file directly.

I'd also like the same to be done for the Key: entries.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean at earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/
web:    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk