[OSM-talk] Quality of Sirf star 3 tracks disappointing...

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 12:59:33 BST 2006

On 7/11/06, Emil Vaughan <emil79 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/10/06, Barnett, Phillip <Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk> wrote:
> > It looks like the Sirf III isn't the best thing for urban use?
>
> What do people think, is it worth continuing with it or do i need a
> gps60 or something ?

Thats kind of a hard question to answer.  There are other peole using
Sirf III chipsets who are contributing, and more and more peole are
going to be gettign them as time goes on.  I guess you have to assess
whether contributing slightly innaccurate tracks will add to the
project or not.  I'd be tempted to say: go for it.  If you use JOSM or
OSMEDITOR to view the traces your could always check to see that the
tracks weren't totally screwed, and then upload.

NIck