[OSM-talk] List of UK Towns and Cities

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 22:41:52 BST 2006

On Monday 10 July 2006 13:06, Nick Black wrote:
> The "-" sign was missing - the position of Dunfermline should be:
> Dunfermline: 56.08, -3.46, 0.07, city
> I've updated it on the Wiki, but not in the source file.

If there was a search feature in the API, then we could replace the atlas's
"places.txt" config file with a call to openstreetmap that searched for towns
and cities in our database:

.../api/0.4/search?place=city or place=town within (bounding box comprising
the atlas's area)

That would automatically pick-up new towns as they get added to OSM,  and
correlate much better with the other data (i.e. no mistyped coordinates)