A Bridleway?? was: Re: [OSM-talk] Map Features tagging question

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 15:58:31 BST 2006

Bridleways refer specifically to routes which are possible by horse (hence
the "bridle" being the stuff that goes over the horses head to which the
reins are attached). In the UK we have "Public Bridleways" which are like
"Public Footpaths" but permissible by horse as well as by foot.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk