[OSM-talk] threats

Nigel Magnay nigel.magnay at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 12:20:51 BST 2006

You don't think 6 months is long enough to start a lawsuit? The BPI
would seem to disagree. Do you not think the way things are going (and
particularly because the UK government seems keen on this), that this
is likely to be extended to 3/4 years, as in the case in Ireland &
Italy?

Of course, people can use anonymising proxies. But people that upload
copyrighted data to OSM *ought* to have their collar felt by plod. I
don't understand why anonymity is a benefit to the quality of the OSM
map.