[OSM-talk] privacy policy

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Thu Jul 27 00:43:33 BST 2006

This is a call for people to edit/review the Privacy Policy

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Privacy_policy

which some enterprising people have put up on the wiki. (thanks! :-)

When it's in shape, I will mail all the OSM users to sign up to it and
then we can release the database.

Could someone volunteer to be responsible for it being 'finished'?

One major thing I don't see addressed is that we won't release GPS
traces that people have not made public. Something generic about not
releasing things people have not made public, and their email
addresses...  would be useful. But I imagine the 'display name' is ok.

There is a clear problem with attribution too, as I've said before.
Publishing everyones email address is not cool and invasive, but it's
implied in publishing all the OSM data under the license we have
(attribution). How are we going to solve this?

have fun,