[OSM-talk] Re: privacy policy

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Thu Jul 27 17:33:49 BST 2006

Barnett, Phillip a écrit :
> 1) Anybody who's committed enough to collect GPS tracks, extract them
> from his/her GPS device, upload them to OSM server, download an area and
> edit it, and then upload the changes, surely isn't going to find logging
> in a huge inconvenience.

Naming streets is something that take an huge amount of time when you
map an area. You had to stop at each corner, note or photograph the name
of the street, etc.

I think that each OSM visitor first try to look how the place they live
is covered. What if all those non-contributing visitor could easily add
the name of 2-3 streets around their place ?

I don't see anybody but me adding segment to Paris since I know OSM. But
from time to time, some street name appears.