[OSM-talk] Proposed map feature: source tag

Etienne 80n80n at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 14:48:11 BST 2006

Andy
Yes, a single element could be made up of data from many different sources.
I think my proposal covers that:

  <way>
    <tag k="highway" v="secondary"/>
    <tag k="ref" v="B2011"/>
    <tag k="source:ref" v="Out of copyright map,
      Ordnance Survey atlas of Great Britain, 1922"/>
    <tag k="name" v="Oxford Road"/>
    <tag k="source:name" v="dictaphone"/>
  </way>

This is an example of a street that was created from tracklogs, named from a
dictaphone recording, and the road number obtained from an out of copyright
map.  These elements could have been contributed by three different people
at different times.  Who did what when should be in the history.

Etienne