[OSM-talk] Aussie tagging

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sat Jul 29 12:25:48 BST 2006

On Saturday 29 July 2006 07:25, Andy Robinson wrote:
> If you can work up a basic bullet list of the sort of tagging you need to
> cover in oz and drop it onto a wiki page I'll be happy to work up a revised
> Map Features set, including the annotations preset file for JOSM. It
> doesn't need to encompass everything that the current Map Features does,
> just the basics if you like.

It looks like we're going to end up with a very large and dynamic list of map
features, as we take [[Map Features]], internationalise it, add [[Proposed
map features]], etc.

Would it be worth developing a web application to deal with all this stuff?
The wiki is OK, but it would be nice if all that information could be used to
auto-generate osmarender stylesheets, JOSM config files, PDF atlas config
files, tile-rendering config files, etc.

Regards,

OJW

p.s. presumably having a set of map features for each country means that we
automatically get the localised colour schemes by using (e.g.) rue=autoroute
in one area and highway=motorway in another