[OSM-talk] Argh! Just deleted lots from OSM by mistake

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Mon Jul 31 23:21:49 BST 2006

Hi,

I've just made a big mistake with OSM... I deleted a load of data from my local
copy in JOSM so that I could save a mini .osm file for converting with
osmarender (too big, and inkscape crashes). Then I forgot what I had done, made
a few changes, and uploaded... :-(

I realised after a while, as it was taking so long, and cancelled.

Can the data be reverted in some way?

I have a local copy in another .osm file, so I could upload again, but it would
be cleaner if it is possible to undo in the database directly. I guess it could
have taken out some chunks of the M1, most of Leicester, and bits of the A14.

:-(

I won't upload anything else for now, so it will be the last change that I made.

Sorry if this causes lots of problems, and for being such an idiot.

--
Matthew