[OSM-talk] Platform performance update & pladge

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 10:54:43 BST 2006

Thomas Walraet wrote:
>Sent: 01 June 2006 10:27
>To: Andy Robinson
>Cc: talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Platform performance update & pladge
>
>Andy Robinson a écrit :
>>
>> Therefore if
>> anyone is running large calls to the database right now to pull data out
>for
>> purposes other than editing the data can they hold back those calls until
>> these performance issues are resolved. If you are running big calls to
>the
>> data, can you let one of us know so that we can get a feel for the
>desired
>> demand.
>>
>> [..]
>>
>> Requests for immediate and regular data dumps of all the data need to go
>> the back of the request list right now. [..]
>
>But...
>
>If the data is available on a regular basis, their will be much less big
>calls for purposes other than editing...

Agreed, but the platform and resources are not in a position to deliver that
level of update support at present and can only realistically be properly
made available when the other priority issues and needs have been dealt with
first. And in my view that priority has to be to users inputting data rather
than those wishing to take it out.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Robinson