[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Pledge

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Thu Jun 1 20:53:09 BST 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 07:27:47PM +0100, Oliver White wrote:
> On Thursday 01 June 2006 01:32, Lars Aronsson wrote:
> > Anyway, after I made that Gnuplot hack last week, I realized my
> > maps could be so much better if I just added some more roads
> > before the upcoming dump, so I went out this weekend to get those
> > tracks.
>
> We're going to be rushing around like accountants in March... "gotta add all
> my tags before the database gets published..."  ;-)

Now think about how much effect it would have if people did this *every
day*: "Gotta get my latests changes in before midnight!"

To some extent, the novelty would wear off, but more continuous feedback
would encourage more editing, and more of these types of competitions of
"Who can tag the most". In my opinion.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer