[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] MassGIS dataset

Martyn Welch martyn at welchs.me.uk
Mon Jun 5 09:40:29 BST 2006

On Sunday 04 June 2006 23:01, Lars Aronsson wrote:
> I'm uploading file after file, but then I cannot edit the
> maps because only Steve can restart the import process.

That's odd, because I can.

If the GPX upload queue is stalled, then I tend to import the data locally
into JOSM and work on editing the map. I can them upload the nodes, segments
and ways, which will be joined my the GPX data when it's ready.

Ok, we've recently had a discussion about the relative merits of offline
editors, I can see that there may currently be issues with this approach (I
think the lack of version control in the API was tne main one), but this
really hasn't seemed to be a big problem for me yet - mainly because I'm
apparently the only one doing editing in my area.

Martyn

--

Martyn Welch (martyn at welchs.me.uk)

PGP Key : http://www.welchs.me.uk/martyn/pgpkey/