[OSM-talk] Aylesbury: Getting Tracks to Appear

Guy Robinson wordsoup at talktalk.net
Tue Jun 6 08:27:57 BST 2006

Dan Karran wrote:

> Are you still not able to see it Guy? I've just taken a look and
> clicked to load the edit interface for this one
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/user/Footsore%20Finder/4375> and
> it seems to show up ok. I think there is a cache for the GPX point
> uploads and so you may find that when you first checked, it hadn't
> been updated...

This was the problem.  Although I waited for the status of both GPX files to
change from Pending I wasn't aware that it took even longer for the points
to appear in the Edit tab of the applet.  I did load 2 files over 2 days
before I asked, of course, just to see if the format of the first file was
the problem.

Sorry to raise this but for me this was a showstopper in terms of my
particaption in this project.  I had apparently loaded 2 good files over 2
days but there was nothing for me to base the actual mapping.

The resolution of the points I generated leaves something to be desired but
I can work on that on my own without bothering people.

Many thanks,

Guy