[OSM-talk] colour fills in osmarender

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Fri Jun 9 16:26:33 BST 2006

"Andy Robinson" <Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> So, IMHO, OSM should record the physical and where this means that the
> representation of the physical in OSM does not fit with the ideals of the
> path models then something needs to be added to the nodes and segments that
> permits the data to be used for path modelling. That could mean additional
> ways used for this purpose or additional tagging to segments and nodes for
> path analysis use.

In a project at work I designed two levels.  One was the physical and
it consisted of polygons and a polygon could be connected to another
and that meant that it was physically traversable by a car.  In OSM
that would be segments that just are connected to other segments.
Then I had a more abstract data layer which encoded how cars were
allowed to drive and things like speed.

--
/Tommy Persson