[OSM-talk] Forum link

Oliver White streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sun Jun 18 16:08:02 BST 2006

On Sunday 18 June 2006 15:33, Christian van den Bosch wrote:
> Oliver White wrote:
> > Just curious - as we've already got OSM discussion threads here, and a
> > web interface to view old topics. What's the sudden interest in moving
> > off to a web-based forum?
>
> Don't forget we also have a wiki, with talk pages, and an irc channel or
> two... another medium would make all this start feeling quite
> fragmented, imho. But I guess the other point of view is that if people
> don't like mailing list (by mail or web interface) or wiki or irc, we
> need to welcome them too...

How about trying the wiki as a discussion forum - it's not intrinsically more
difficult to learn than BBForum, and we don't all need another set of
passwords to access it.

Wikipedia's demonstration of how to do discussion pages is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Science

I'm just thinking that if someone asks questions on this bulletin board, and
we don't answer because the question doesn't show-up in the mailing-list or
in recent-changes, then new people might think they were being unfairly
ignored.  Unless someone wants to monitor that forum, and pass-on messages to
the appropriate people?