[OSM-talk] OSM Foundation voting

Oliver White streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 11:17:33 BST 2006

On Friday 23 June 2006 00:53, David Groom wrote:
> True, but I note no one has raised this either on this mailing list prior
> to this pots, or on the Foundation discussion page on the wiki. I guess if
> anyone had emailed Steve privately, then he will have told them.

According to the wiki, we've got (x - 12) days remaining to vote, so no hurry
to write down the voting and registration procedures...

Back on-topic, the question that interests some of us undecided voters:

What is the foundation going to do?  Does it just own the domain and buy hard
disks for the server? Or is it a political "free our geodata" thing that
hosts dinners for MPs? Will it be staffing a phone line for journalists to
call like the ORG? Will it be doing press releases and placing stories in the
news? Is the foundation intending to have a budget and purchase anything
significant with its own money (like satellite photos, bandwidth, or staff)

Presumably we're just going to set-up *something*, and then decide what do do
with it later?  Or just share Steve's workload between 3 people and call it a
foundation?

One of Steve's old emails said (paraphrasing) "what harm can the committee do
when the foundation has no assets?".  Conversely, what good are we expecting
the foundation to do, that makes it important for people to join and vote?

We're waiting for the manifesto!

Regards

OJW