[OSM-talk] railway lines, tracklogs and the like

Oliver White streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Sat Jun 24 21:20:50 BST 2006

On Saturday 24 June 2006 20:07, Dean Earley wrote:
> I believe they also have shielded windows on the modern EMUs (or at
> least South West Trains do). I was able to get traces (showing in
> Autoroute) in a Midland Mainline high speed train though.

That would explain the zero signal inside most intercity trains then. I've got
signal in some local trains, though it's very patchy.

On Saturday 24 June 2006 17:20, Simon Hewison wrote:
> I was thinking that certainly in the UK, the railway network hasn't
> expanded much at all since the OS copyright ran out on the old OS maps.
> It's contracted a lot.

Before we rely too much on the 1920's data still being valid, I should point
out that I got excellent tracklogs this afternoon on the Bedford to Sandy
railway line, due to it being a cycle route now...

Regards

OJW