[OSM-talk] Some question about OSM

James Mastros james at mastros.biz
Fri Jun 30 11:23:52 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 10:24:48AM +0100, Simon Hewison wrote:
> Nicola Ranaldo wrote:
> >*) a stupid question, some segments have k="highway" v="primary", and
> >others k="class" v="primary"... is it normal?
>
> Things are in a state of change at the moment, with some people using
> highway=primary, and other using class=primary. highway=primary is the
> newer scheme, but both should be counted as equal at present. It's all down
> to what editors people are using, and how easy it makes it to define the
> key/value pairs.

Perhaps we should go ahead and fix this up on the server?  I can understand
the point of having the server be fairly light in terms of accepting the
data given to it, but if the class=x scheme can be mapped fairly
straightforwardly to the x=sub-x scheme, then we can clean up the data on
the server, and keep the complexity all in one place.

    -=- James Mastros