[OSM-talk] camera + GPS = navman?

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:27:17 BST 2006

On 6/30/06, Immanuel Scholz <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> anyone has experience with the NavPix system from NavMan? You can take
> georeferenced pictures with it.
>
> http://www.navmanstores.com/eu/product_details.php?category=Navman+GPS&id=371
>
> Do they include a compass in the camera?
> What are the EXIF-tag's they use to store the location? What format?
> Anyone can send me a picture taken with his NavMan, so I can look at it?

No experience with navman but exif has georef tags: (perhaps multiple
I don't know).

http://www.annocpan.org/~BETTELLI/Image-MetaData-JPEG-0.15/lib/Image/MetaData/JPEG/TagLists.pod#exif_tags_for_the_0th_ifd_gps_subdirectory
or:
http://del.icio.us/search/?all=gps+exif

I did this on Debconf last year, and georefed a whole bunch of
pictures taken on Sveaborg/Suomenlinna. I managed to delete the
pictures, but it's a cool place, think 1600ds Cold war against Russia,
see:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&c2coff=1&safe=off&sa=N&resnum=0&q=Suomenlinna&spell=1&tab=wi

--
/Erik