[OSM-talk] Street Labels

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Mon Mar 13 07:27:13 GMT 2006

Hi,

I tried to import Streets from osm into gpsdrive. As you can see on the
Screenshot

http://www.ostertag.name/gpsdrive/Screenshots/Gpsdrive_OpenStreetMap_Landsat.jpg
it somehow worked.

My only problem is, that I can't figure out which category to assign the
streets to. I take the labels i saw at the segments and interpreted them as
Street Type. Where motorway would be our German Autobahn and then according
to this set the color of the Segment to yellow. But As I can see almost no
street has any usefull Labels.
Is there an easy way to set labels to many street Segments.

I'm also not shure if I used the right interface to get the streets form the
Server.
I used the following wget scheme
 http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.2/map?bbox=lat,lon,lat,lon
to download the data.