[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] API 0.3 - Map call

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 09:38:38 GMT 2006

On 3/15/06, Immanuel Scholz <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We should remove the dev at openstreetmap.org. It seems easier to just
> discuss everything in one list.

I keep thinking that, but certain things - e.g. complicated bug
reports, compiler errors, etc. - really are just noise on talk.

> I don't like it very much. It makes parsers much more difficult to write
> with little gain of human readibility (which is little important anyway).

Yeah, it's a really bad idea.  Better to escape things (we *are* all
escaping things like > < and & in the XML, right?).

It might be necessary/useful at some point to add a type e.g. <tag
k="foo" v="bar" type="text/html"> as a hint to clients though.

> While speaking of readibility. Please change k to key and v to value in
> API 0.4.

Agreed!  This isn't about the readabilty of the XML per se, but this
also affects the readability of the parsing code.

Tom.