[OSM-talk] OSM on Garmin??

nick at hogweed.org nick at hogweed.org
Fri Mar 17 00:01:00 GMT 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 20:52, Mikel Maron wrote:
> Hey
>
> Wondering if anyone has looked into loading OSM derived maps onto a Garmin
> GPS?
>
> I've started with a few references like cgpsmapper.com, and it would be
> good to know if there's light at the end of the tunnel.
>
> Cheers, Mikel

Yes, I've been in contact with the guy developing the cgpsmapper software is
planning to release the software in library (DLL or SO) format, free for non
commercial use with an API. I don't think the library itself will be open
source but there will  be an API. So it's looking good for the possibility of
OSM maps on GPS.

Nick