[OSM-talk] Building the applet broken?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Mar 18 09:54:06 GMT 2006

I gave building the applet a go, but am having problems.  Am I using
the correct procedure?  I build from the java/ directory, and invoke
'ant' to build the code.

When building, it bail out immediately with errors like these:

    [javac] ----------
    [javac] 1. ERROR in /home/pere/src/openstreetmapsvn/openstreetmapsvn/java/src/
org/openstreetmap/applet/osmBackgroundLoader.java
    [javac]  (at line 6)
    [javac]     import org.openstreetmap.client.osmServerClient;
    [javac]            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [javac] The import org.openstreetmap.client.osmServerClient cannot be resolved
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] 2. ERROR in /home/pere/src/openstreetmapsvn/openstreetmapsvn/java/src/
org/openstreetmap/applet/osmBackgroundLoader.java
    [javac]  (at line 9)
    [javac]     import com.bbn.openmap.LatLonPoint;
    [javac]            ^^^^^^^
    [javac] The import com.bbn cannot be resolved
    [javac] 3. ERROR in /home/pere/src/openstreetmapsvn/openstreetmapsvn/java/src/
org/openstreetmap/applet/osmBackgroundLoader.java
    [javac]  (at line 10)
    [javac]     import com.bbn.openmap.omGraphics.OMCircle;
    [javac]            ^^^^^^^
    [javac] The import com.bbn cannot be resolved

Is the osmServerClient.java file missing?  Is there some library
missing in lib/ or not listed in build.xml?