[OSM-talk] BSD/CC-by/LGPL vs. SharedAlike - decide now and forever

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Mar 21 10:47:50 GMT 2006

Hi,

Schuyler Erle said:
> seek an LGPL-like solution,

*ARGH*!

To make it crystal clear:

I forbid everyone to relicense all of my contributed data to OSM under any
other license than the current, especally (but not restricted to) LGPL,
BSD like, non-share-alike-CC. The community must remove all my contributed
data and all data based upon my contributed data from its database in this
case.

I will instantly leave the project if at any time the license of the data
will change to any of the mentioned licenses above.

There is no discussion with me about this possible. (I am tired to explain
my point every time. Just google "BSD vs. GPL")

Ok, I have decided.

So my appeal to this community is: Please decide now and forever so maybe
I (and you when it comes to removal) don't have to spend too much wasted
effort.

Ciao, Imi.