[OSM-talk] 'Standard' tags on the wiki

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 21:38:34 GMT 2006

My only comment on this relates to size. I deliberately made the starting
point for keys and values as clear English as possible, but that's not
necessarily the best for data transfer by xml. There is an argument that for
a core feature set that is available to the core editing software (online
and offline) there is no need to make them particularly human readable,
although I have to say that during any interim it's a lot easier to move
forward with easily understandable tagging in the xml.

bike can be confused between the motorbike and the bicycle so I would rather
keep the full version of this. But car is less likely to be confused so car
rather than motorcar is fine with me. Suggest those with an interest make a
vote one way or the other in the comments column on the Map Features page of
the wiki for any contentious tags and we can then adjust any as the list
gets completed in the next week or two.

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk