[OSM-talk] Applet with way support

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Thu Mar 23 00:12:44 GMT 2006

Hi,

I just uploaded a new version of the applet that now has full support for
ways and full property support. As soon as Steve upload it to the server,
you can start creating ways with it ;-).

I made a tutorial video to explain the new features. It is short (6:30min)
and small (for a video). About 7MB.

video: http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/josm/tutorials/applet-tutorial-ways.avi
codec (win&mac): http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

The video is encoded with "Techsmith Screen Capture Codec", IMHO the best
free beer to encode desktop videos ;-). To install the codec under Linux,
it is best to use the dll together with mplayer and the win32codec
package:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-0.92.tar.bz2
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/win32codecs.tar.bz2
http://www.rwth-aachen.de/i7/camtasia/tsccvid.dll

Copy the dll to /usr/lib/win32 and enter the following into
/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf (or maybe /etc/codecs.conf):

info "TechSmith Screen Capture Codec"
status buggy
fourcc TSCC,tscc
driver vfw
dll "tsccvid.dll"
out BGR15,BGR32,BGR24,BGR16,BGR8 flip

Trust me, the codec is cool and worth the effort ;-)

Ciao, Imi.