[OSM-talk] Enhamced OSM applet editor?

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 23:32:33 BST 2006

On 3/27/06, Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/26/06, Nick Hill <nick at nickhill.co.uk> wrote:
> > I have noticed an addition of a tool with an icon like: >
> >
> > The streets are also now shown in green. What is the new functionality?
>
> That's for creating ways (streets, footpaths, etc)  you can combind
> all segments off a street into a coherent way.
>
> Then you can name this way, instead of nameing lots of different segments.

First I want to say thank you Immanuel, I can finnaly use åäöñâé, I
can't copy and paste though (otherwise I could have tested ブリーチ as
well)

Ok kind of interesting to use. When you click on the applet a window
comes up and with the fields name and type. The name field is where
you put the name of the Street (this actually wasn't obvious to me,
says more about me than anything else), and the type field is what
kind of road it is.

I don't think the "type" field works, it's to hard to figure out what
a minor road is. No offense Andy, but it's to abstract for my Swedish
little brain. Perhaps if there is either a visual feedback or an
description text for each type.

e.g.

Minor: one lane & speed limit 10km/h - 30 km/h
Secondary one lane &  speed limit ~60 km/h

--
/Erik