[OSM-talk] Enhamced OSM applet editor?

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Mon Mar 27 10:28:09 BST 2006

Hi,

really strange problem to me... It feels like I am guilty, but I can't say
where the error is. ;-)

>>>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null source
>>>	at java.util.EventObject.<init>(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.AWTEvent.<init>(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.event.ComponentEvent.<init>(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.event.WindowEvent.<init>(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.event.WindowEvent.<init>(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.SequencedEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>>>	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
> I have that rather often.
> I'm using 1.4.2-blackdown on linux x86

If this happens again, please try to reproduce the error! Let your java
console open next to the browser and slowly do things until you get a
feeling what exactly to do to get the error. If it still seems to happen
randomly, wait some time after each thing you do (even mouse moves) to
give background threads the chance to produce this error.

Then post the exact steps that has to be done to get to this error output ;-)

If you don't mind a bit of work, you can also install a JDK from sun to
get a java runtime including debug information. Then, if using windows,
open the Java property page in your preferences and choose third tab
("Java") and click on the upper "Show" for the preferences of applet
settings. Click on the field under "Java Runtime-Parameter" and enter
-Djava.compiler=NONE
This will disable the JIT compiler for applets, which is the reason for
those cruel "Unknown Source" thing ;-)

I made a picture at http://www.eigenheimstrasse.de/no-jit.png

Sorry, don't know how to disable JIT under Linux, maybe tweaking some java
preferences config file..

Ciao, Imi.