[OSM-talk] Applet with way support

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Mon Mar 27 11:08:03 BST 2006

> Sun Java is the only concession I will give to non-free software until
> the editor works with classpath, and I will not install that on my usual
> machine - I will mkfs once the editor works on classpath. I therefore
> cannot watch the presentation which appears to be encoded in a non-free
> codec.

Hu? I thought TechSmith released the spec on TSCC?? Isn't that the reason
it is implemented in ffmpeg natively (but unfortunatly still buggy)..

Hm.. Do you know an other codec which is as nearly as usable for desktop
recording? If I encode the stuff in usual mpeg, it grows filesize to ten
times of now, uses about ten times more CPU and isn't lossless either.

> I can't find a way of selecting groups of segments into a way.

You have to click them one after another :-(. I know, the implementation
isn't really comfortable for now, but I wanted to push the way support out
as soon as possible.

Ciao, Imi.