[OSM-talk] postcode idea

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Thu Mar 30 00:19:06 BST 2006

Ojw on the wiki had a great idea (with 20:20 hindsight obvious)

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/IsleOfWightPostcode

So, when mapping in the UK how about it? I certainly am up for it. We
can fit maybe 8 of those on an A4 sheet. It helps to have two people
doing it as one can read the coords, the other can write them.

A phone number is trivial, my mobile lets me pick up messages for free
for example.

Can someone do a PDF we can print out and copy? I can make the landing
page something more descriptive (on freethepostcode.org) so it's more
obvious that openstreetmap exists and so on.

have fun,