[OSM-talk] Line Segments and ways

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 08:14:00 BST 2006

At some point in the future it is likely that the creation of ways will be
the primary input mode for linear features. So while for the moment it's a
matter of choice it's probably a good idea for the longer term to try and
think in ways rather than purely line segments. However, there are many
examples where an individual line segment within a way will need to be
tagged differently to the way itself to identify a particular feature. For
instance, if the segment concerned is a tunnel.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk