[OSM-talk] OSM Wiki Status

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Thu May 4 19:13:07 BST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:12:11PM -0400, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> It seems that with the rest of the site coming up, the wiki has gone
> down... has become really slow.

Working fast and fine again here for me. Kudos if someone did anything.

> Also, something I noticed yesterday: The biggest problem I had with
> using the wiki over the past two weeks is that searches never turn up
> anything. At first I just assumed documentation was incomplete, because
> a search for "API" didn't return anything, but then I was able to find
> my way to the API page through various links accidentally, so I think
> something in the actual search of the wiki is broken.

So, now that this is back up, here's what I see:
 * WMS takes me to the WMS_Server page (exact title match + redirection)
 * API/api return nothing
 * XML/xml return nothing
 * geonames returns 3 hits
 * steve returns 19 hits

So it seems like maybe the search is running on an old index or
something? Is this an async process with MediaWiki?  (I looked at code
for a bit, but could not figure it out: I abhor MediaWiki code.)

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer