[OSM-talk] IoW Tags

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Wed May 10 09:09:48 BST 2006

For all the excellent work on the IoW to be useful there needs to be
some consistency in the way things are tagged.

You can check the tags that are in use by downloading the whole island
into JOSM and then selecting everything.  The properties panel will
then list all of the tags.  If you then select a tag JOSM will list
all the assigned values for that tag.

Here's what I've observed and what I think ought to be the correct values:

highgway - should be highway
omeway - should be oneway
place_name - should be place
residential - should be highway=residential
amenity=Love Lane
highway=Path - should be highway=path
highway=Residential - should be highway=residential
highway=residentail - should be highway=residential
highway=footpath - should be highway=footway
name=Afton Road (A3055) - should be name=Afton Road, ref=A3055
name=froglands lane - should be name=Froglands Lane

The search facility within JOSM should make it pretty easy to find and
correct these things.

Etienne