[OSM-talk] OSM pdf manual

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed May 10 17:10:11 BST 2006

David Groom wrote:

> I'm not sure changing the About page is the way to go for two reasons:
>
> 1) I assume people like it the way it is or they would have
> altered it.

I assume you prefer discussing this on the mailing list instead of
writing the required information page, or else you would just go
and do it.  Come on, it's a wiki.  Edit it now and have fun.

> 2)  The about us page, and others on the wiki, are meant for
> viewing in web browsers, and hence tend to be structured as
> short pages with (multiple) links to other pages.

And if you look at the "information på svenska" page, it *is*
written as a long page that covers everything a (Swedish) newcomer
needs to find out.  Because that's how I wrote it.  It's also my
way of saying that the English About page should be rewritten like
that, without summoning the energy to actually do it.  I assume I
just like discussing this on the mailing list, or else I would go
and edit the wiki page.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)