[OSM-talk] Running JOSM

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Sat May 13 01:11:03 BST 2006

Oliver White a écrit :

> Running it on Linux gives the error message:
>  "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: josm-latest.jar
> at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)"

JOSM cannot be run with GCJ/Classpath (at least not about modifications.
Imi once talk about a program to convert the jar to a java 1.4
compatible one that may work with free virtual machine)

I use it successfully with the 1.5 JRE from Sun. (proprietary software,
only a few architectures supported)

> Running on Windows gives the error message:
>  "Cannot find the main class. Program will exit!"
>
> Running it on Mac OS gives the error message:
>  "The file "josm-latest.jar couldn't be launched."
>
> Did anyone else have problems getting it to run?

How did you try to launch JOSM ? With wich Java Virtual Machine ?