[OSM-talk] gpx format problem?

Rhys Powell stanley12 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat May 13 14:02:43 BST 2006

Frank O'Dwyer wrote:
> The problem seems to be that if the tracklog is saved under a filename
> on the device itself, the timestamps are discarded.

That looks like it is default with Garmin when track logs are saved, not
good if you cant down load active logs and you still want to capture data.

If I retrieve the
> active log using mapsource, the timestamps are there. Pretty annoying!
> This is a garmin device (gpsmap 60csx).
>
> Next question is are the timestamps actually used for anything? I could
> put in dummy timestamps if not.

It what I have done in the past, I have incremented them by a second for
each point. I did read a past mail that said they could all be the same,
but thats not something I've tried yet.

Cheers

Rhys